Android App Development: The Top Trends of the 2020s Android is the most popular mobile operating system in the world, with over 3 billion active devices1.
Android App Development: The Top Trends of the 2020s
Android app development is a dynamic and evolving field, with new technologies and trends emerging every year. In this article, we will explore some of the biggest Android app development trends of this decade, and how they can help you create engaging and innovative apps for your users.
- Instant Apps: Instant apps are apps that can be accessed without downloading or installing them on the device. They offer a fast and convenient way for users to try out apps or games before deciding to install them. Instant apps can also help increase app installs, as users can get a taste of the app’s features and benefits. Instant apps are not new in Android app development, but they are still gaining popularity among developers and users. Some examples of instant apps are New York Times Crossword, BuzzFeed, and Skyscanner2.
- Flutter: Flutter is a cross-platform development framework that allows developers to create native-like apps for Android and iOS using a single codebase. Flutter is developed by Google and uses the Dart programming language. Flutter offers several advantages for Android app development, such as:
- Native design: Flutter uses native widgets of Android and iOS interfaces, which provide a consistent and familiar user experience across platforms.
- MVP development: Flutter enables developers to create apps for both platforms simultaneously, reducing the development time and cost. Flutter is ideal for creating MVP versions of your product and getting quick feedback from users or investors.
- Easy to learn: Google provides detailed documentation, tutorials, and resources for learning Flutter. Flutter also has a large and active community of developers who can offer support and guidance.
- Hot reload and hot restart: Flutter has features like hot reload and hot restart, which allow developers to make changes to the code and see the results instantly without losing the app state or restarting the app.
- AI and ML: Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are technologies that enable apps to perform tasks that normally require human intelligence, such as recognition, analysis, prediction, and decision making. AI and ML can enhance the user experience of Android apps by providing personalized recommendations, voice-activated controls, predictive analytics, chatbots, image processing, natural language processing, and more. Some examples of AI and ML-powered Android apps are Google Assistant, Netflix, Spotify, FaceApp, and Snapseed3.
- Chatbots/Google Assistant: Chatbots are software applications that can simulate human conversations using text or voice. Chatbots can provide 24/7 customer support, information, guidance, entertainment, and more. Google Assistant is an example of a chatbot that can perform various tasks for users using natural language commands. Google Assistant can also integrate with other Android apps to provide seamless user experience. For example, users can ask Google Assistant to book a cab using Uber or order food using Zomato4.
- Android Jetpack: Android Jetpack is a set of libraries, tools, and guidelines that help developers create high-quality Android apps faster and easier. Android Jetpack covers four main components: architecture.
These are some of the biggest Android app development trends of this decade that can help you create engaging and innovative apps for your users. By incorporating these trends into your app development strategy, you can stay ahead of the competition and offer a unique and satisfying user experience. However, to create a successful Android app, you also need to work with a skilled and experienced Android app developer who can deliver high-quality results. If you are looking for a reliable and professional Android app development company, you can contact us today. We have a team of expert Android app developers who can help you turn your idea into reality.